We are a bit saddened by that, but we consider our campaign a success.
I have had the opportunity to grow as an entrepreneur and person through this fundraising experience. But, more importantly, I have received the incredible support of so many people and I want you to know how much I appreciate you. You guys have mentored me, you have supported my open houses despite the terrible weather, you have pledged your hard-earned money, you have sent me encouraging words, you have RT'd our campaign and shared our mission on your FB pages, you have sent me cards, you have been incredible. Thank you for being my friends -- new and old. Thank you for supporting me. I mean you have really, really supported me! Thank you for your energy. Thank you for your time. I know some of you better than others -- and some of you maybe I've never met -- but I love you all and no matter what happens in the future, we are all members of the SiD family.
With that said, I am happy to announce that we are going to move forward with at least one show for 2014, "Antony and Cleopatra." Thank you to many in the community who have said they want to continue this journey with us. We are calling these wonderful people Community Sponsors.
How can you become a community sponsor and what are some of the perks?
- Any amount helps and will be applied to our needs that range from paying actors to set pieces and materials like paint
- Please, email me at ShakespeareinDetroit@gmail.com so that I am aware of your interest to become a Community Sponsor so that we can make sure we keep in touch with you throughout the "Antony and Cleopatra" process via rehearsal updates, photos, video, etc.
- Make check or money order to Shakespeare in Detroit, LLC at P.O. Box 2642, Dearborn, MI 48123 (Why Dearborn? It is near Ford Motor Co. where I worked as an automotive writer for a bit and I opened a box near my employer) At this time we do not have the ability to accept credit payments
- Community Sponsors will receive special seating in our venue at Recycle Here. If you are out of state, you will receive a DVD of the show
- There will be a sponsor or patron appreciation party after the matinee performance of "Antony and Cleopatra" on March 16, 2014
- Community Sponsors will receive a special Shakespeare in Detroit gift
- The names of Community Sponsors will be listed in the "Antony and Cleopatra" playbill
What are some of the needs of the show to which the Community Sponsorships will be applied?
- Actors pay
- Porta Potty rentals
- Labor (set builders)
- Materials -- paint, nails, tools
- Heater rentals
We are also hoping to get at least one corporate sponsorship. If you or your business would like to discuss details of that type of sponsorship opportunity, please, email us directly at ShakespeareinDetroit@gmail.com.
Additional show details:
There will be a strongly suggested $10 donation for entry to the show (for non-Community Sponsors). Seniors (65 and over) will be asked to donate $5 and students (25 and under will be asked to donate $5, student I.D. required).
Thank you so much everyone for your support and we hope to see you at a show!
Have an awesome holiday season!
~ Sam W.